|WebWHMIS Overview (Available in English/French)
"WebWHMIS" is the name for the 'WHMIS CBT Suite' training software packages delivered over the internet. The educational content of the
CD-Rom 'WHMIS CBT Suite' and 'WebWHMIS' are identical - just the delivery method differs.
Please see the 'WHMIS CBT Suite' pages of this site for a complete description of educational content and features.
The main difference between the CD based and web based application is in the student tracking database.
The CD-Rom version uses a desktop application called 'SimplyCBT'. The WebWHMIS training program uses a more powerful web-based
application called 'Simply! Tracking'. Please see the 'Simply! Tracking' pages of this site for a full description of the Simply! Tracking program.
CD-Rom vs WebWHMIS:
- CD-Rom installs to a local computer or network server. WebWHMIS is run from an outside hosted server
- WebWHMIS minimizes IT Dept. support on your end
- WebWHMIS requires only high speed web access and the MS Internet Explorer web browser
- WebWHMIS requires the Macromedia Authorware webplayer loaded on first run. This is normally an automatic install (Admin rights required on machine on first run)
- WebWHMIS upgrades are automatically installed and available to you
- WebWHMIS collects student data into one centralized database
Should you choose WHMIS CD-Rom or online WHMIS employee training?|
The WHMIS training educational content is the same. Your decision should take into consideration the following factors. If you are spread over wide geographic areas and have high speed internet access, WebWHMIS may be the best choice. It offers advantages in minimizing IT Dept. involvement with loading software and keeping it maintained in different locations.
If it is important that all your training results collect into one central database, WebWHMIS is again the best choice. If you wish to appoint training managers to oversee training in the different locations, the Web based 'Simply! Tracking' program allows this. Simply! Tracking also allows you to track other company training, items issued to employees and allows employees to login and view their training records and send Safety Notes and QA Notes to their manager.
Please call 1-800-893-9333 Pacific for guidance on what the best delivery system to meet your needs.