WHMIS 2015 Orientation is an online educational training course for workers on the “Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System”. This self-paced course teaches students or workers the basic elements of WHMIS and the Global Harmonization System (‘GHS’).
This course is based on the updated (2015) WHMIS regulations with the Global Harmonization System Rules and also includes a review of WHMIS 1988 rules.
Our WHMIS courses are intended to help companies meet their mandatory WHMIS awareness training requirements and provide students with expanded job skills. WHMIS awareness training is mandatory in most Canadian workplaces.
WHMIS 2015 Orientation Learning Objectives:
- Define ‘WHMIS’
- State the purpose of WHMIS 2015 laws
- Identify WHMIS 2015 pictograms
- Relate WHMIS pictograms to hazard classes
- Describe the purpose of supplier labels
- Apply supplier label information
- State the purpose of workplace labels
- Describe how to create a workplace label
- State the purpose of Safety Data Sheets (‘SDS’)
- Identify SDS information
- Identify the WHMIS 2015 responsibilities of suppliers, employers, and employees
- Recognize the elements of WHMIS 1988 regulations including supplier labels, hazard symbols, and MSDS sheets