SIMDUT 2015 Orientation is the French language version of ‘WHMIS 2015 Orientation’ course. This course delivers basic awareness education in the “Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System”. This self-paced course teaches students or workers the basic elements of WHMIS and the Global Harmonization System (‘GHS’). This course is virtually identical to the WHMIS 2015 Orientation course but has been fully translated into Canadian French language audio, text, images and movies. For consistency with this website this page is presented in English.
The SIMDUT course is based on the updated (2015) SIMDUT regulations with the Global Harmonization System Rules and also includes a review of SIMDUT 1988 rules.
Our SIMDUT course is intended to help companies meet their mandatory SIMDUT awareness training requirements and provide students with expanded job skills. SIMDUT awareness training is mandatory in most Canadian workplaces.
SIMDUT 2015 Orientation Learning Objectives:
- Define ‘SIMDUT’
- State the purpose of SIMDUT 2015 laws
- Identify SIMDUT 2015 pictograms
- Relate SIMDUT pictograms to hazard classes
- Describe the purpose of supplier labels
- Apply supplier label information
- State the purpose of workplace labels
- Describe how to create a workplace label
- State the purpose of Safety Data Sheets (‘SDS’)
- Identify SDS information
- Identify the SIMDUT 2015 responsibilities of suppliers, employers, and employees
- Recognize the elements of SIMDUT 1988 regulations including supplier labels, hazard symbols, and MSDS sheets