WHMIS for Food Handlers is an online educational training course on the “Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System”. This is an abbreviated course intended for food service workers exposed to the common types of hazardous products in food establishments.
This course is based on the most recent updated (2015) WHMIS regulations with the Global Harmonization System rules.
Our WHMIS courses are intended to help companies meet their mandatory WHMIS awareness training requirements and provide students with expanded job skills. WHMIS awareness training is mandatory in most Canadian workplaces.
WHMIS for Food Handlers learning objectives:
- State the purpose of WHMIS
- List the three parties to WHMIS
- List the three elements of WHMIS
- Recognize WHMIS supplier label information
- Identify WHMIS 2015 pictograms
- Describe how to create a workplace label
- Recognize the information contained on an SDS sheet
- Recognize the responsibilities of suppliers, employers, and workers