WHMIS Orientation is an online educational training course for workers on the “Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System”. This self-paced course teaches students or workers the basic elements of WHMIS and the Global Harmonization System (‘GHS’).
This course is based on the updated (2022) WHMIS regulations with the Global Harmonization System Rules.
Our WHMIS courses are intended to help companies meet their mandatory WHMIS awareness training requirements and provide students with expanded job skills. WHMIS awareness training is mandatory in most Canadian workplaces.
WHMIS Orientation Learning Objectives:
- Define ‘WHMIS’
- State the purpose of WHMIS laws
- Identify WHMIS pictograms
- Relate WHMIS pictograms to hazard classes
- Describe the purpose of supplier labels
- Apply supplier label information
- State the purpose of workplace labels
- Describe how to create a workplace label
- State the purpose of Safety Data Sheets (‘SDS’)
- Identify SDS information
- Identify the WHMIS responsibilities of suppliers, employers, and employees