WHMIS 4 Supervisors is an online awareness training course on the “Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System”. This course is intended for employers and their supervisors who have the responsibility of creating and maintaining a workplace WHMIS program.
This course is based on the most recent updated (Dec. 2022) WHMIS regulations with the Global Harmonization System Ver 7/8 rules.
This course is intended to supplement the WHMIS Orientation course. WHMIS 4 Supervisors looks more deeply at the Federal and Provincial / Territorial WHMIS regulations and the responsibilities of supervisors.
WHMIS 4 Supervisors learning objectives:
- Recall the basic element of WHMIS
- Describe Federal and Provincial / Territorial WHMIS regulations
- Recognize what’s changed in WHMIS
- List the essential elements of a workplace WHMIS program
- Describe WHMIS education and training responsibilities
- Define who must be trained
- Describe an ‘informed worker’
- State WHMIS workplace information responsibilities
- Outline strategies for contractor WHMIS compliance